mutes

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Fri Mar 2 00:21:15 MST 2007

AMEN!  --D.N.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
[mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org]On Behalf Of kurt baxter
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:32 AM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: mutes

The "point" is that it also takes time to move the little rubber
mutes. Maybe just seconds, but you have to do it for every
single string, so it adds up. Once the strip is is, a quick pull
and you are on to the next string in the unison

Also, I think its a whole lot easier to check for correct octave
stretch and progression of thirds/sixths when you have
the whole piano to listen to at once as opposed to a just
a few notes you happen to be tuning.

Having said that, I go back and forth between methods.

[k]urt