has THIS ever happened to you?

stephenspianoworks at gmail.com stephenspianoworks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:26:42 MST 2007

I don't know how to relate to that. Piano work IS wood working. I've been a full time touch-up guy, antique restorationist, I worked in a piano rebuilding shop where we did our own refinishing. I've built houses. Worked in lumberyards, molding mills. You name it. If it's wood I've done it.
 That experience gets used every day in my tuning work. Even the humble stuff. If you do it with integrity your pride should stay intact. That's my take anyhow. But then again, I was named after a tree.
-Koa Stephens
 I told her that woodwork was not my trade, but I would do it as a favor to her for a service charge.She agreed, and paid me on the spot even before I took it back to my shop. How many times have YOU been asked to do a carpentry or woodworking job? I felt funny doing non-piano work for money, as this compromises my professionalism and pride in my craft -- I feel like a jack-of-all-trades, which is definitely something I DO NOT want to be viewed as.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile