polishing spoons

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Fri Jun 29 09:03:12 MDT 2007

Hi,
Seems to me we should call on the 'myth busters' for a more definative
answer. <g>

I always tighten damper flange screws.. Yes they can move over a little, but
have never caused me
undue effort to adjust. Seems like they always move clockwise with the
turning of the screw,
so I have an idea which way to wiggle the damper if need be which is very
seldom. And never needed on a grand <):))

Also as to washing the strings, why take all the trouble to wash them. Your
hourly rate must not be enough.
If you consider it should take 4x the time it would as replace the string.
100x the time to just lower the string and bang on it with the hammer. Also
a dignosis procedure as if it is still dead, replacement is the only answer
as twisting the string is seldon effective at that point.
Just my take

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com