Why NOT to polish bass strings.......

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Thu Jun 28 14:57:30 MDT 2007

Hi Matt.

Nice to read your comment.
Also, you raise a point of importance, methink : the difference in tension
between bass guitar strings and piano strings.  About how this difference
comes in play, I only can guess, but what is sure, is that bass guitar
strings are very bright from time 0 (new) to begin with (and then quickly go
duller), while piano bass strings breathe only after some tunings and some
days stretching (and they last longer).

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.

p.s. : I must one day try this boiling procedure, see what happens.