Why NOT to polish bass strings.......

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Jun 28 13:55:11 MDT 2007

For the benefit of this apprentice, isn't that area hardened? Do you have to
be careful not to file through the hardened part?

Also, I was wondering if anyone ever cut a notch there instead and inserted
a small brass rod for the termination point, ala Young Chang and others. I'm
thinking most of the work could be done with a 4" grinder using a thin
cutting wheel. A die grinder or dremel could do the rest.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802