Pianotech Live

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 06:38:44 MDT 2007

How about a combination of the zero hour of a pianotech meeting and the fluidity of a lounge and/or meeting places during other events?? If we do a lunch, it would be best if most people paid for themselves ('cause we all know about piano technicians and free food, don't we?).? HOWEVER, I think as a way of honoring our most cherished contributors, they should not have to pay.? They could be selected by denizens of the list (I could fill a ballot of a dozen or so without giving it much thought).? The expense of their meals could be covered by additional cost to the rest of us, but (getting back to David Andersen's original suggestion), I would prefer to see PTG cough up some dough for this.? Pianotech is such a valuable resource, particularly in a profession in which most practitioners work in the relative isolation of a lighthouse keeper or
How about a combination of the zero hour of a meeting with the fluidity of a lounge, meeting places at other social events, do-dads on badges AND a secret handshake?? I like the idea of a lunch, but most attendees should have to pay ('cause we all know about piano technicinas and free food, right?).? However, there should be recognition of some of our most cherished contributors, selected by denizens of the list (I could easily fill a ballot of a dozen or so without much thought), whose meal would be gratis.? This could be paid for by adding a little more cost to the lunches of others, but (to get back to David Andersen's original suggestion), I would prefer if PTG coughed up some dough for this.? Pianotech is?a revolutionary community?for a profession of individuals who, for the most part, work in the relative isoplation of light house keepers and fire watchers.?? Pianotech costs PTG nothing, and it would be healthy for the organization to put some of its resources behind showing appreciation for those who have distinguished themselves by contributing so valuably?with their time and experience.

That'll be 2 cents, ma'am.

Alan Eder