KC Classes

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Wed Jun 27 15:08:27 MDT 2007

I really enjoyed the KC convention.  The classes I attended were quite
good and very informative.  On none of them did I feel like I was not
picking up something that would benefit me or add to my understanding of
piano technology.  I especially enjoyed the Kawai Concert on Friday
night.  In fact, that classical recital is always a highlight of the
week and one of the main things to which wife and I look forward.  I
appreciate the quality of the music that Kawai presents in the concerts
they host.  Since I've become an RPT we have attended the Golden Hammer
Banquet too.  Why, I don't know.  Prior to becoming an RPT we would show
up after the banquet for the Kawai Concert.

I was pleased that Steinway got on the bandwagon this year and presented
an excellent piano trio.  In fact, this is the first Steinway
presentation I've attended.  I hope they keep on the same "classical
performance" track for future conventions.

If it weren't for the Convention/Institute, I very well may not have
become an RPT.  I have attended numerous classes and tutoring sessions
and, as I reflect on it, find that I took classes that provided the
training I needed to take the exams.  My chapter RPTs helped as far as
training was concerned, but it was the INSTITUTES that provided the
training and encouragement to take the RPT exams.  For Associates who
are concerned about upgrading, my advice would be to go to the
Conventions (and regional seminars also).  It's one thing to gripe about
your status...it's something else to do something about it.  The former
says something about your character; the latter says something about
your tenacity.  I know!

Joy!

Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., M.M.E., RPT