back from K.C. David A / Stopper /P12 authorship

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Jun 26 13:22:54 MDT 2007

You clearly insinuated that they first did not approve of the aural
tests that have been at the root of this discussion, and then turning
around after running into you and suddenly taking these to heart.

You clearly accuse me of falsely representing myself as having come up
with the idea of using perfect 12ths on my own. This is not only untrue,
but you have absolutely no foundation for accusing me of such. You also
clearly accuse me of attempting to claim authorship for all other
aspects of your own work... something I have time and time again said I
have not done, nor do I even understand.  You have also done this kind
of thing to the most respected Dr Coleman a few years back, outright
accusing him of  plagiarising some Spanish guys work with regard to a
couple of Dr. Colemans own temperaments, again with no evidence
whatsoever that this was true.

These insinuations I find more then a little rude.

Once again... The only reference I ever had to a P12th tuning  to my own
quite humble <<invention>> as it were was an article in the PTG Journal
from the late 70's early 80's.  Nor had I ever heard of anyone using the
19th root of 3 to create a tuning curve of any sort at all, let alone
the one I do with tunelab. And I have never sold any of this to anyone.
Thats your bag.... trying to patent the P-12th idea for monetary gain....

These accusations and insinuations you make are false to begin with,
totally without substance,  and do you no credit. Period.   You have no
evidence because there is none, and whats more... you know this to be
true. You simply are being ridiculously overly defensive.

Thats my final word Bernard.  If you feel you have a case, call your
lawyer.  I wouldn't advise it tho.... such accusations are serious
matters... and this is already to slander.

Richard Brekne

    I never did accuse Arnold and André, i know they are fine, you have me
    completely misunderstood, don´t turn the words in my mouth. I said that
    it was André who put you on the trail, and not yourself, this were your
    own words in another post! Nor do i accuse any tuner who adapted the
    P12
    aurally,  so no way to get an excuse from me. But i accuse those, who
    turned into P12 after having heard from others, selling the thing as
    their own.

    regards,

    Bernhard