Keep on filing...(picture attached)

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 09:39:21 MDT 2007

At 9:01 am -0500 20/6/07, Porritt, David wrote:

>Yes, that's the pin.  The resistance should be measured at the drop
>screw pad, with the spring being held so it's not affecting the
>lever.  10-grams there is probably tops but 8 is really a nice
>number.

I have never heard of such a rule, nor have I ever discovered in
pianos of many makes the application of such a rule or had any
difficulty adjusting the rise of the hammer with the centre at the
proper tightness, i.e. not tight at all.  Please explain what seems
to me a very strange recommendation.

JD