wifi in lobby

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 18:51:28 MDT 2007

Update on the coffee price: $2.25 for a Grande Starbucks is only 41
cents more expensive than at home, not $1.00. Pardon the exaggeration!
The downside: the Coffee Express closes at 2:30 PM -- an unpleasant
surprise when you need a late afternoon jolt.
As for the T-Mobile plan v. the free-in-the-lobby option. I *almost*
signed up for the $29.99/month, 1 year contract with Annie's suggested
"quit before the month is up" work around. I was at the point (after
entering credit card info etc.) of clicking to finalize the contract
when I saw that I would get billed for any days before THEIR billing
cycle started, so I think I could easily get dinged for MORE than the
$29.99 even if I quit the plan well before I'd used the $29.99 block
of time.
So, with that uncertainty, I am back to sitting in the mezzanine
before heading to graze at the Randy Potter reception. Best wishes to
stay at homes and those travelling in this direction during the next
day or so.
Patrick Draine