Piano parts for pre-1900 German grand

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 10:13:03 MDT 2007

In a message dated 6/12/2007 1:05:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jpeters207 at gmail.com writes:

Just ran across a refinished old German grand, with "F. Schmid & Kung" on the
plate,
and Schmid, Schuler, Bosendorfer decal on the fallboard.  Serial number
appears to be 1002.

John,

This doesn't speak to your request for parts, but just as an aside - it's
likely that this is "Schmid, Schüler v. Bösendorfer" (Schmid, Pupil of
Bösendorfer). Not that it matters, just an explanation for the apparent different names
on the plate and fallboard. Our German-speaking friends can correct me if I'm
wrong.

Bob D.