Steam treating hard hammers

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Mon Jun 11 17:17:42 MDT 2007

MessageHi Wayne,
Try a suto voicing with a quilt!
What is the environment? Hard wood floors? Large windows on all sides?  Drapery? Rugs?
All these type of things are relevant to the tonal production heard by the owner.

To do the quilt voicing you will need several strips of lathto keep the cloth off the strings to
test the sound. If it works an Edwards cover is a great answer as it will also help in tuning stability.

Again know the environment. Is the lid up or down.
Bring up the possibility ( if you think it is true ) that no piano will sound good until things
other than softer hammers are done.
Dicey situations like this need special tact.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com