Sanderson Accu-tuner

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Jun 9 05:29:53 MDT 2007

One aspect not mentioned on this go-'round is the stress relief
with use of an ETD. The decibel level assaulting your ears is
greatly reduced by only needing to play one note instead of two.

And since tuning involves perception more than hearing, it takes
the strain off of always having to be "on".  The machine places
the note and you verify it aurally. No need for the incessant pounding
of two notes to find the 'sweet spot' or in many cases the one 'least bad'.

When you're looking down the hallway of practice rooms, ear plugs
and an ETD saves your hearing and sanity.

Having tuned aurally for over 25 years, the VT is the only reason
I have not severely limited my tuning practice.  In the early '90's, I started
cutting back tuning because of developing tinnitus which cleared up
with limited exposure. In 2001, I purchased the VT on Andre's recommendation
to assist with the small clientele I retained.  The VT performed so well
with no strain on my well being that I was able it increase my tuning
work load.

In the ensuing years I programmed the VT to tune as I tune aurally utilizing
multiple partial samplings. With four customized stretch styles, I can place
a beautiful tuning on any piano.

I have not abandoned the aural aspects, unisons are tuned by ear.
By the fact that I didn't wear my hearing thin with tuning intervals
and octaves
my focus is saved for this most important aspect: unisons. And of course, the
overall compass of the tuning is verified.

And as far as the musicality of the tuning, Coleman 11.
It's ET with character and style.
--

Regards,

Jon Page