Sanderson Accu-tuner

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 20:33:51 MDT 2007

John writes:
<< My mentor was fond of saying, "If you tune aurally, you'll improve your

ears. If you tune with a machine, you'll improve your eyes.">>

    After tuning aurally, at the highest prices in the state, in the most
demanding environment I could find, for 16 years, I bought a SAT to help get
around the arthritis.  In short order, it made me a better tuner. Not only more
consistent, but more accurate.  By recording my aural tunings, then critiquing
them on the next usage, changing what I thought could be improved, I ended up
with a more refined tuning than was possible when starting from scratch every
time I sat down at a piano.   This cumulative process of refinement is not
available to the strictly aural tuner.
     I know aural tuners that have been making the same mistakes for years.
There is a difference between 20 years experience and one year's experience 20
times...
regards,
Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>