Est. time for Young Chang Brackets

Jim Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 8 08:37:30 MDT 2007

The new brackets will sometimes be off a little bit in terms of left/right orientation.  If they are not perfect, the string grooves will not line up with the strings and the tone will suffer.  I usually plan on hammer shaping as well if the hammers are starting to get grooved.  If nobody has tried to regulate the action, things should fall back in place.  If someone regulated it after the brackets started to expand (fairly common if they don't understand the problem), you will have a fair amount of regulating to undo what they did.