Glue

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Fri Jun 8 04:33:31 MDT 2007

John, thanks for those thoughts.  I see we both use the same colour and
style of lighter!

You mention "I don't see the point of using such stuff".  "Such stuff"?
Ooh, that sounds rather a pejorative appelation!  Do you find it much
inferior then?

I just like it for use in the customer's home, because I can carry a very
small jar, and melt it very quickly with minimum fuss by standing it in a
soup bowl of hot water, or, as I said, melting a tiny quantity in a spoon.
 Having the glue already in jelly form means one doesn't have to go
through the initial preparation stage that you mention, and the glue
contains preservative so it need not be kept in the 'fridge.  But I  bow
to your infinitely greater experience!

Best,

David.

>I don't see the point of using such stuff.  My gluepot consists of a
>conical porcelain or glass cup (a small Chinese handle-less teacup,
>abtainable from any Chinese restaurant or wholesaler is fine) and an old
>aluminium pan lid with a hole cut in it to hold the cup.  This sits on
>top of a pan of hot water.  If I'm doing outside repairs, I burden
myself >with a pan but boil a kettle at the customer's house and use his
pan.