Henry F. Miller fallboard problem

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:12:25 MDT 2007

It turned out to be a pretty obvious solution. The real clue was the
backcheck hung on the sostenuto bracket.

Once the action was removed, you could see there were no adjusting
screws in the keyframe stop (a.k.a. dag). The keyframe had worked its
way back, causing the clacking of the sharps on the fallboard. With
screws in there now, and the keyframe in correct position, everything
is fine.

Duh, I should have seen that right away. Curse my non-mechanical,
artsy-fartsy brain. <G> It's learning, though.

JF