Slow Paying Customer Policy

Arbeau Piano ArbeauPiano at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 19:41:29 MDT 2007

I have set an invoice system up that "discounts prices" when their invoice is paid within fifteen days from the date of billing/job completion.I also include a payment plan on the invoice for amounts that run over 45 days, (just as you see on your utility and credit card bills!).

I raised my base price to accommodate this and then discount at 20% of that. It works great for Churches, Schools and Theatres.  And yes, occasionally they are extremely late and pay at the higher rate which after a time of that, it seems they definitely like to be very timely on their future payments. My customers who call to ask for my rates over the phone I tell them I have a "on time " price and a billing price for those who wish to delay payments. This works excellent for the customers that don't think they will be home when the work is done as they are very obliging to leave a check!

This may not be for everyone but we have to eat and pay our bills in a timely manner just as everyone else.
Jerry Arbeau