Ebony bridge caps

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 18:58:15 MDT 2007

The mass loading that I've seen, or been party to, seems to be much more
substantial than would result from the differences in mass between the two
woods.  By the time the bridge is notched and considering the generally thin
boxwood caps that I've seen, how much difference could there be.  Do
epoxy-laminated maple caps approach the mass of boxwood, i.e., does the
epoxy itself contribute anything substantial or is mass loading with a maple
cap a requirement in your view for reasons stated?

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com