kneading hammers

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Mon Jun 4 12:01:41 MDT 2007

David,

Well, I wouldn't agree going that far, because I used the technique on a lot of Kawai grands from 1985-1990 (per the instructions of a Kawai consultant at the time).  The tone quality/voicing of those pianos has held up remarkably well throughout the years.  The method I used made opening up the sustain easier--not requiring as much needling.   Of course, they still require shaping and some crown work, but they are incredibly easy to work with.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL