Do you play piano?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Sun Jun 3 15:09:19 MDT 2007

Good post, Tom.  I agree with you that we don't have to play well to be a great tech, but playing enhances one's appreciation of the work we do for a living.  And I'll add that being a technician has enhanced my ability to listen to others I'm playing music with.

Dave Stahl

Not that you need to be fine player in order to achieve high levels of technical ability. But rather,developing a reasonable or advance level of playing ability can benefit you in gaining a greater appreciation and understanding of the finer aspects of fine tuning, regulation, and voicing. For me, it's broadens your understanding and empathy for the role we play for the pianists, our customers.
Tom Servinsky
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gregor _" <karlkaputt at hotmail.com>