techicians or tooners

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sat Jun 2 15:36:00 MDT 2007

Not being able to play, is not all bad.

I prefer to let the customer play the piano, after the tuning/work. They
'know' their piano, so anything not right, will be more apparent to them.

If the tuner/tech were able to play, would he subconsciously, play around
any weaknesses?

I tend to believe that the salesmen, of pianos, when demonstrating, can
emphasize any point they want to make, for the sale. They would also
downplay the weaknesses of the piano, by the music choices, and the way they
are playing.

I only took lessons when I was a child, and that is the standard of my
playing, but I never felt my customer was being short changed, by my
inability to play.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca