Bass string scaling question

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jun 1 21:49:20 MDT 2007

Ideally, all of them.  But it's difficult if not impossible on existing
bridges and you have to make compromises.  That's the nature of my question.
When forced to compromise, what do people prefer.  I tend to emphasize
tension.  The Z effect is not always consistent and (soundboard and end of
bridge effects aside) I'm not sure why.  As Ron mentioned, when you can lay
it out from scratch, you can achieve a smooth curve with all three.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com