Replacement Bass String won't hold tune

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Tue Jul 31 14:51:34 MDT 2007

I wonder how tight the pin is?
If I run into one of these with a previously replaced string, I raise it above pitch then I tune the piano. Last thing I do is tune that string.
I haven't noticed that universal strings, stretched any more than normal replaced strings.
Although, I suppose that would depend, on how close the match was.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca