Pricing Pinblock Treatments

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Jul 27 14:45:28 MDT 2007

If a pin goes suddenly out of tune, that should be pretty easy to
demonstrate- play the note. I tell customers that there is only one thing
that will make a note go that sour, that is a tuning pin that has slipped.
Even though it may be holding while I am there, the fact that it is that
sour is prima facia evidence that the pin is too loose.

I also have a piece of pin block that is cut on an angle through the pin
hole with a tuning pin in it that I can easily pull out. It helps to have
something visual to show the customer what you are talking about and this
does it. It shows them what a pin block is and how the pin fits in.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802