Coastal Dampp-chaser calibration

Wayne Walker wayne.w at musicstop.com
Fri Jul 27 12:38:22 MDT 2007

I'm posting this information from a few years ago that I sent to
Dampp-Chaser about their system in a similar situation.

" For the last 20 years our company has rented an upright piano for the Nova

Scotia Choral Federation choir camp.  The piano is located in an open stage
area.  Open to the elements.  Temperatures from 49 F at night to 85 F to 90
F day time and high humidity 80% +.  The camp runs the full month of August
and the piano is required to be tuned each Saturday morning before 8 am plus

1 hour drive each way.  When I tune the piano I'm lowering the pitch a good
1/4 semitone each week.

"Last year and this year I decided to use a piano with a Dampp-Chaser System

installed.  We just brought the piano back today.  The piano hasn't been
tuned
since it left the shop.  The piano was only 1.2 cents flat.  This has saved
me many early Saturday mornings over the last 2 two years. "

The full system was installed in this piano

Wayne Walker
Piano Tuner / Technician
Musicstop Acoustic Piano Service
264 Herring Cove Road