Complete Grand cleaning

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Sat Jul 21 04:33:25 MDT 2007

Hi Ed.

I use water - vinegar solution routinely for cleaning the soundboards, up
till now.  Isn't it so that a poison can be a cure, at the right dosis ?  I
find it very efficient, and I try to avoid touching the strings with the
damp part of the rag, and I wipe immediately the soundboard with a dry rag,
and apart from the scratches that are still there, it leaves the soundboard
surface the way I like it.  No soundboard, uptill now, spontaneously popped
up from the rim after cleaning this way.  And when I just want that, it
takes me much more effort and lots, lots of water - vinegar to achieve (and
a crane to lift the plate).
Do you have a better way for cleaning the soundboard ?

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.