CA -- going once, going twice, gone ...

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 20 08:03:18 MDT 2007

Makes sense to me. Good answer.

Alan Barnard

Salem, MO

Original message

From: "David Love"

To: "Pianotech List"

Subject: RE: CA -- going once, going twice, gone ...

Alan:

The problem is that you don’t know if it isn’t going to work because the block is “compromised with splits, cracks or delaminations” until you try it and it fails.  At that point, your warranty only creates problems for you.  It may have been a good marketing ploy to get the customer to allow you to do the job.  But it is unnecessary and offers you no real benefit.  You could simply say that “In my experience, CA works to reconstitute the block (or whatever language you choose) and it will only cost you $150 (or whatever it is that you charge).  It you want a guarantee, then the only guarantee I can offer is to install a new pinblock which will cost you $7000 dollars—which, btw, happens to be $7000 more than your POS is worth.  How would you like me to proceed?

My guess is that they will drop the idea of the guarantee and you can squirt to your hearts content.

David Love

davidlovepianos at comcast.net

www.davidlovepianos.com