Extreme measure? was RE: Pricing Pinblock Treatments

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 06:48:24 MDT 2007

Inre offering a guarantee on a CA application to a pinblock, I wrote:
<< >>I would only create a liability for myself in return for nothing, and
there is no percentage in that.

David writes:
>>It's not in return for nothing, and the percentage is there if you price
accordingly. The warranty is a value added service. It's like buying a
warranty when you purchase a used car. >>

     Perhaps I was misunderstood.  I give no warranty because there is no
reason to.  I can sell the job for the same price without a warranty,(used car
lots cannot do this), so there is nothing to be gained by creating a liability
for myself.  If one were to increase the price because of the warranty, then
they are selling insurance, not technical work.  I don't care to be in the
insurance business.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>