Pricing Pinblock Treatments

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Fri Jul 20 01:17:46 MDT 2007

I'm wondering what folks out there are charging, typically, for
CA treating an upright block, maybe expressed as a percent of
tuning fee or hourly rates.

Also, are you offering a warrantee?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

I charged $40 once, then a separate fee for the tuning.  There’s
a tech around here who charges $650  [sic] !!  I don’t know how
he justifies that except for telling the customer that the old
way was to replace the pinblock, re-pin, and restring for $2500
or so, after which $650 sounds “dirt cheap” to them, he says.  I
know I’d have an extremely difficult time trying to sell the job
for any more than about $200 tops.
            --David Nereson, RPT