CA -- going once, going twice, gone ...

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 22:50:28 MDT 2007

Alan:

The problem is that you don't know if it isn't going to work because the
block is "compromised with splits, cracks or delaminations" until you try it
and it fails.  At that point, your warranty only creates problems for you.
It may have been a good marketing ploy to get the customer to allow you to
do the job.  But it is unnecessary and offers you no real benefit.  You
could simply say that "In my experience, CA works to reconstitute the block
(or whatever language you choose) and it will only cost you $150 (or
whatever it is that you charge).  It you want a guarantee, then the only
guarantee I can offer is to install a new pinblock which will cost you $7000
dollars-which, btw, happens to be $7000 more than your POS is worth.  How
would you like me to proceed?

My guess is that they will drop the idea of the guarantee and you can squirt
to your hearts content.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com