Ad-vice

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue Jul 17 05:35:57 MDT 2007

Greg, I think your question is interesting, and not at all inappropriate. I
know the list is strictly for technical matters, but what you ask is
certainly related to being in the business and there have been other
non-tech questions in the past.

I believe you are right to think so carefully about the "tone" of your ad.
The form of words used may matter more than the exact font (as long as that
is dignified).  Is there a community college near you with a graphic design
department? Perhaps a student would take it on as a project for a small fee?

It sounds very sensible to me have an ad in the Symphony program. You're in
the right company there.  Do you tune at any venue where the symphony plays?
Perhaps you could mention that?

Best regards,

David.