Chickering console

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Jul 16 21:43:13 MDT 2007

Richard-

You should be able to pull off that last dozen or so whippens in about 5
minutes. Don't be afraid. Pulling and reinstalling the whippens will be the
least time consuming part of the project and will probably save time wasted
in working around them if you leave them on.

To make sure the problem doesn't return- make sure there isn't too much
travel on the pedal lifting the dampers too far. I think you want the
dampers off the strings just far enough that they don't wink when you play
the keys.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272