plate repair

vince mrykalo madvinmryk at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 23:52:03 MDT 2007

Alan,
  A piano plate can be successfully welded.  There is a piano technician in Ogden Utah who does welding as well, and has welded literally hundreds of plates without problem.  He has done two for me. Once he came to my shop to do it.  It does take a certain technique and he uses a special kind of rod (I think stainless steel) and all the information on how to do it he freely shares.  His name is Wilford Young and I believe his e-mail address is wyoung9079 at aol.com  His telephone is 801-393-9079.