Chickering Grand Features

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 14 08:18:41 MDT 2007

I didn't look real close at the wippens - they are new. They are the model that has the silk strings that hold the end of the wippen springs. It seemed as though things would regulate reasonably well. She needs key leveling, clean up letoff and drop, and she has a mile of aftertouch. I didn't have my gram weights with me, but the action seemed a bit heavy.

I hadn't noticed the left-handed opening piano - I see that now. It looks like a modernish piano - I'll bet the picture is just inside-out.

Antique wood. Yeah, what a hoot. I guess that's why he didn't replace the soundboard, yet charged her enough for soundboard replacement. You should'a seen the underneath of that soundboard - looked like ground zero in southern Manhattan. Cracks, bulges, goo oozing out of cracks, holes, etc., etc. Well, whatever....

Terry Farrell