Toyo Pianos

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Fri Jul 13 12:51:44 MDT 2007

Again, Dean, this is a GREAT post.  I tried it on a Story & Clark Studio
upright, you know the ones built for churches, and it worked great!  I
also used it on some bass pins on a Yamaha 4' Grand that is 25 years old
and is used at UTM in the University Center Ballroom.  It is beat up
like you wouldn't believe.  I had replaced a few of the bass pins with
larger pins and those were fine.  The others had gone south also so I
used the CA glue on them.  Our top piano professor played it for our
Chancellor's retirement dinner and asked me if I had worked on the
piano.  I said that I had worked on it and tuned it.  She said it played
and sounded great!  She said it had never played better.  Of course I
took all the credit!  That CA glue is fabulous! (I have no idea what my
pin treatment had to do with the touch.)

And yes, you need to repost it at least every year!

Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., M.M.E., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director