Kawai plastic flange repinning

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 19:32:29 MDT 2007

I'm repining the plastic hammer butt/flanges on a Kawai 601, c. 1989.
The pinning is a little tight. Removing .050 pins.

I know with wooden parts it's advisable to repin with two sizes
larger, a .052; but for plastic, can I repin with .051?

I've done two so far with a .050 straight reamer and burnished to .051,
which seem OK but would like to know if pin drift might occur because
of the grip in the butt and should jump up to a .052 pin. They push in with
sufficient grip, just need to know the better execution.
--

Regards,

Jon Page