Moths again

Music Man musicman831 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:55:07 MDT 2007

I have been reading all the posts about moths with interest. I have a client
who owns an older spinet. Last time I tuned it I noticed a few small moth
holes in a couple damper felts and in the felt that runs across the top of
the plate.
Is there any product that is safe to use in the home to kill moths (without
harming people or the piano)?  Should I take a wait and see attitude and
hope the  moths are all gone?
This client is retired, and the cost of moving the piano out of the home and
having it treated would probably exceed both the client's budget and the
value of the piano. It is an older spinet that she has owned for many years.
It is in excellent condition otherwise.
Bruce Trummel