milk on keytops thread

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:44:45 MDT 2007

A few days ago there was a question as to whether milk could or should
be used to clean keytops (ivories, I think).

I had poured some milk on our concrete driveway (leftover from a cat
feeding). After the sun came out, the places where the milk had been
was really, really white. It almost looked like it was whiter than the
milk was when it was wet.

So maybe the thought from yesteryear was that a little milk *in the
sun* could be used for a quick whitening for ivory keytops.

I'm not recommending this, by the way. Just letting you know what
happened to my concrete. I still don't think milk would be good on a
piano, although I do like it on my cereal.

And, in case anyone was wondering, it was whole organic milk. I doubt
skim would do much coloring. Blech!

JF