Removing spilled white-out

Mark Purney mark.purney at mesapiano.com
Tue Jul 10 10:42:32 MDT 2007

The first thing I would try is a few drops of alcohol - just enough to
cover the stain, and see if it will come off with a fingernail after
letting it soak a few times. I don't believe alcohol will cause any harm
to the plastic (by itself), but I would still use as little as possible.

If that doesn't work, I'd try the same approach using Goo-Gone, because
it's not harsh, yet seems to work wonders on various adhesives and
residue (but sometimes it does nothing). Goo-Gone is hard to control, so
use a dropper or needle dispenser so it doesn't run all over and down
the sides of the keys.

WD-40 is ultimate cure for removing white-out, but I suggest it as a
last resort because I have no idea if it would stain or react with
plastic keytops.

--
believed to be clean.