Action Spread Measurements

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Jul 9 07:43:41 MDT 2007

http://ptg.org/pipermail/pianotech.php/2000-June/065872.html

Wow.

Thanks, Jon. After reading through that I am now anxious to try relocating
some capstans.

>>Set a trial capstan to this position and notice jack proximity to knuckle.
If the jack is away from the knuckle, the capstan needs to be located more
forwards to decrease the motion of the wippen.

When you say, "if the jack is away from the knuckle," do you mean at bottom
of key stroke?

I presume what you are looking for is for the jack to just clear the
knuckle. How much gap would you judge to be too far?

>>The cushion height may have to be altered or relocated altogether.

Can you give us some criteria for where the cushion height needs to be?

>>capstan drilling jig jpg avail

Please do repost this.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359