Tuning sequence question

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sun Jul 8 19:29:03 MDT 2007

Hi Geoff,

I'm not aware of any "tests" that show bass to treble tuning is more
accurate or more stable. It may be true that "unisons as you go" is more
stable (and therefore often more accurate).

There is no reason to not strip mute just the temperament area--but it is
entirely possible to do it with a single mute--or a split mute and get the
benefits of "unisons as you go".

At 06:05 PM 7/8/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>   Greetings all  --   I know that when  using an ETD the preferred method
>of tuning is from the bass up to the treble,  tuning unisons as you go.
<snip>
>In other words, which aural tuning method of the two described above, would
>produce the more accurate and stable tuning when completed?

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner