Action Ratio and Dip and Blow and Etc.

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Sun Jul 8 12:22:50 MDT 2007

Action Ratio and Dip and Blow and Etc.Hi all action performance busters.

Nice thread for sure, makes me want to jump into my first action modification.

May I mention the nice article of Jon Hartman in PTG journal february 2000, describing an empirical way of finding the perfect capstan line for the parts you have bought ?

I'd like also to mention this way cool software : Alibre design.  There is a limited free version, Alibre design express, that lets you work in some moderate way.  It has a cool feature : you draw what you want (lines, circles, etc.) specifying what you want constrained and letting move what you want to let free.  It is really 3D mechanical modeling with animation capabilities.  You have no limit drawing 3D pieces, and you can assemble pieces in a so called assembly.  The free version limits you to assemblies of no more than 10 pieces, with full set of rules about how they can move.  I really want the full version, but it damned costs about 1500 euros.  When I think how many action parts I can buy for that money, I hesitate.
I used it very efficiently to draw soundboard models, and tried also to model a full action with moving parts (this is not yet fully succeeded, but hopefully soon), in order to try first what kind of parts I should buy.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.