Action ratio and knuckle distance

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 07:13:15 MDT 2007

While it appears (from others' informed comments) that the Stanwood
system doesn't get into knuckle dimension, the converstaion does bring
to mind a presentation given by Bruce Clark of Mason & Hamlin (October
? of 2006, at the M&H factory). The problem that the calss started
with was, given a big ol' Chickering that another chapter member was
rebuilding, and assuming some arbitrary parts (maybe they were Balwin
repetitions??), how does one create an optimal action setup. He had
Powerpoint slides that gave all the(very detailed)  formulae to get it
done perfectly. Not that it's "EZ", a new keyboard is one of the
variables, as well as action parts.
Unfortunately Bruce didn't have handouts, and M&H was reluctant to
post the Powerpoint stuff on our chapter website (and most of us
couldn't scribble down the formulae as quickly as he flashed to the
next one).
This would be a great class for either the PTG Annual Institute, or
regional or local chapter presentation.
Patrick Draine