ear buzz update

Gene Nelson nelsong at pbic.net
Thu Jul 5 19:06:02 MDT 2007

I have found that noise canciling does not require generation of the exact frequency as the ear buzz - just close. I use an IPod, play music with not much emotion, turn down the bass and turn up the treble. Then adjust the volume at the headphones so it just starts to interfere with the ear buzz.
It really helps.
Also - a small fan left on at night really helps.
I have also found that for me - the ear buzz frequency is not much different than that which I have lost the ability to hear in the high frequency range.
Doc explains it as similar to loosing a limb and feeling phantom pain etc.
Gene Nelson