Ethics for parsimonious customers

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Jul 4 21:16:05 MDT 2007

You need to contact the bride and arrange payment.  Don't rely on the
skin-flints to handle your monetary compensation.

Chances are that the piano is flat since the owners are tight with a penny.
A pitch raise or two might be in order and you need to spell it out
to the bride
or have a meeting of the minds as who pays for what service.

I've been stuck between the caterer and the father of the bride before
and request payment up front now with a disclaimer of tuning performance
contingent on condition of the piano. I'll do what I can for the agreed upon
price but without authorization on inspection I won't left holding the bag.

I prefer to rent out a piano of mine.
--

Regards,

Jon Page