soundboards, gongs, drum heads and speaker cones

R Barber bassooner42 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 00:50:04 MDT 2007

Bernhard Stopper recently gave a demo of his soundboard animations based
on physical modeling.
He might have more intimate knowledge of soundboard physics than most
mere mortals.
My knowledge of physical modeling doesn't go too much further than
csound, but I'm interested in learning more about the gong analogy.
I'd be speculating the function of a soundboard is vastly more complex
than a gong/drumhead/speaker cone, and could possibly be computationally
virtualized using scanned synthesis.

For example, see:  http://www.piano-stopper.de/html/consulting.html

Good Luck,
Richard Barber