Damper felt replacement

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 2 10:59:03 MDT 2007

Hi Richard,
                      No one has mentioned damper follow.  Pressing the
bass strings with your thumb, your should be able to press the string
towards the plate about 1/16" to 1/8" and have the damper head follow the
string.  You will now be sure that the damper felt is resting snugly
against the string.
Adjusting damper follow, you will now need to do a compete damper
regulation. Pedal timing, spoons etc.
This is a very common problem.

Regards Roger