Damper felt replacement

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 07:54:10 MDT 2007

>From: "Farrell" <>
>More info please. Dampers will have two pieces of wood - the square-ish
>block that attaches to the wire, and the rectangular flat-ish block that
>the damper felt is glued to. Which one of these were you replacing with
>brass? What kind of glue did you use?

I am talking about the piece that attaches to the wire. I only know these
pieces as round, not squarish. I must admit that I can´t remember details
because that repair was 15 years ago. But the question of glue is a good
one, because I can´t remember if it was really massive brass or brass with a
wooden inlay. How to attach brass to wood? I think there was a wooden inlay,
but my memory  is striking on that. You find these pieces at Jahn:

http://www.pianoteile.com/kataloge/pdf/Teilekatalog.pdf

Item number 14.45.31, but there you can´t see the "bottom" side. It reads:
massive brass for bass.

Gregor