Do you tune a Square Grand to A-440?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jul 1 06:29:21 MDT 2007

"I don't tune square grands to any pitch."  Neat trick. Tunings must go real fast. How do the pianos sound with this approach? What does this approach involve - not altering center string pitch and tuning its unisons to it? Ever been called a year later to tune again?

"...used a lot during  the last 1/4 century."  I'm pretty sure that from 1975 to 200 most pianos were tuned to Standard International Pitch of A=440 Hz.

Anon